Reload this Page >

thanks everybody! leaving for london/scotland tomorrow

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:42 PM
mari

this is the first trip i've planned completely by internet, and i'm pretty overwhelmed at the generosity of people who shared their time, suggestions and personal experiences in response to my queries on this board. thanks to dr betty, ben haines, sheila, ben who suggested bonnie banks on loch lomond, joe egri, mjordan, stcirq, lauren, jane and others, including those i've emailed individually (even the monks at pluscarden abbey)! i've got my friend's ashes and the health dept permit, my driving, sightseeing, shopping, restaurant and pub tips, all my hotel/b&b/castle bookings. and my umbrella! <BR> <BR>actually, i'm a little amazed. i recently spent 4 yrs working in vietnam and was internet-deprived, so to come back to the first world and find all these helpful voices at my fingertips--well, i do appreciate it.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 10:49 PM
Patti Suttle

Mari-have a wonderful time in London/Scotland. We were in Scotland in '84!! Too long. But, we go to Ireland, London and Paris in 4 weeks! <BR>On one of my trips to Ireland I brought my father's ashes back to be buried. The airlines do ask that your suitcase be locked...! <BR>Do tell us about your trip when you return-I love trip reports! <BR>Patti

Old May 23rd, 2001, 02:21 AM
Kavey

Welcome to the UK, hope you have lots of fun <BR> <BR>Kavey

Old May 23rd, 2001, 05:28 AM
Mel

Wish I were going! Have a wonderful trip and don't forget to post when you return to tell us how wonderful it was!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:17 AM
XXXX

Hi Mari, <BR> <BR>We were in london and Scotland 2years ago and I have to tell you it was beautiful, we drove from London to Scotland and managed to see a great deal, especially enjoyed a cruise on Loch Lomond which was spectacular. <BR> <BR>Have fun!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 11:26 AM
mari

wow--still another great recommendation! i'm tired from all the prep but that ignited my excitement. patti, the tiny bit of my friend is safely sealed in a ziploc inside a velvet pouch. kavey, you have a terrific time in normandy! i will be sure to post some details and recommendations next month-- <BR> <BR>mari