Reload this Page >

Thanks Desiree-Gourmet Mag. on Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 01:45 PM
CB

Desiree--Thanks for the heads up on the Special issue of Gourmet Magazine on Paris. Just bought my issue today and would not have if it weren't for your post. I'm with Fowler, don't bother me tonight, Paris is the highlight. Thanks!!

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 05:46 AM
lisa

I read Gourmet last night too -- really excellent, with all kinds of Paris info (not just food-related either). Finally got my hands on the new NG Traveler as well, with the great article on inexpensive Paris hotels. Thanks for the heads-up, Fodorites!

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 10:40 AM
Desiree'

CB & Lisa, You're both so kind to post a "thank you"!! <BR>I've been to Europe many times, however I have yet to visit Paris. I spent a week in Montreal this summer and that's where I caught the Paris "bug". I have been hitting the travel isles of B&N and have quite a collection of Paris guides. So when the Gourmet magazine arrived I was elated. <BR> <BR>If you get the chance check out a new guide book titled "The Unofficial Guide to Paris" Yes, the Unfficial guides are starting to hit the major European cities. This guide is great(I read it twice in one week!) Its full of real insider stuff!

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 12:05 PM
Ess

I'd like to thank you, too, Desiree, for the recommendation. I had my boyfriend pick up a copy for me in the city, and I devoured it over a glass of (California) wine. My appetites are now RAGING!!! Pictures of Paris brought such a smile to my face and a longing to be there. The article by the guy who learned to make a cassoulet was very funny. I'm not finished reading all of the issue yet.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 12:53 PM
celia lynn

I was really perturbed that mine hadn't come thru the mail. Called the PO and it was delivered the next day! Guess they liked it,too! Thanks for the post!

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 03:32 PM
MzAdnerb

The whole article isn't at this web site, but you can get an outline of what is in the magazine, for those of us who don't subscribe to Gourmet. <BR> <BR>http://www.epicurious.com/g_gourmet/.../contents.html