Thalys Paris to Aachen

Search

Thalys Paris to Aachen

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thalys Paris to Aachen

Does anyone know if it is possible to book on Thalys trains from Australia?
I'm not having any success with their on-line booking system - seems you need to have an address in France, Belgium or Netherlands.
Will I be safe in thinking I can make a booking once I arrive in Paris? I'll be there for a week, and want to travel to Aachen the first week in June.
Once again, I'm trusting in our group expertise to help with this problem.
Cheers, Di
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 03:41 AM

You can book online using www.sncf.com
Leave the country as 'France'.
Do not choose the insurance, or this will default to mailing tickets, which theoretically they won't do (if your country is not in the drop-down list).
This should leave you with the option to pick up your tickets at a station or office in Paris, showing your confirmation email -AND- the credit card you booked with.

Search for "MorganB guide to SNCF" or something like that, very detailed instructions.
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 03:49 AM
ira

Hi D,

You can have your tickets sent to you c/o your hotel in Paris.

Old Mar 31st, 2006, 04:02 AM

Unfortunately, Ira, that's taking a leap of faith with the hotel that may or may not be merited.
Over the years, we've had to send countless packages, fedexes etc., to our attention at hotels in Europe and the U.S. We've had more than a few misses (including some at 5 star hotels that brag about their attention to customer service), where the package/mail wasn't accepted, was accepted then lost, or was accepted and we weren't notified of it until checkout (even though we'd asked about it every day).
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 05:11 AM
ira

Hi di,

You can purchase your tickets at www.voyages-scf.com.

75E "Print and Go", print your own ticket.

Regular tickets allow you the option to collect your ticket at a train station or SNCF boutique.

Bring your confirmation email and the same credit card that you used to buy your ticket.

Old Mar 31st, 2006, 05:49 AM

If you are going to be there for a couple of days prior to travel you can also WAIT and buy the tickets there unless you can get them at some sort of discount by buying them online and ahead of time.

Unless you are planning to travel during some peak period I doubt waiting to buy will cause any probelms.
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your solutions - I'll try ira's website as a first; and thanks BTilke for the warning . . . I also was a bit wary of using accommodation address, especially as my hotel doesn't offer an email address for me to warn them about what I plan to do! Cheers, Di