I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL☎ 1888:260:2909 password reset contact☎ Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Women's semi-stylish, comfortable shoes?
- 3 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 4 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 First time in Spain
- 7 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 8 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 9 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 10 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 11 Once upon a time in Italy
- 12 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 13 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 14 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 15 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 16 beware of robbed in Milan
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 22 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 23 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 24 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 25 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG