I am trying to determine if I can book tickets out of CDG to Reims based on the arrival of our flight. And if I book the tickets and miss the train, what happens to the ticket? And will the price of this ticket go up so drastically that I should risk buying in advance or just wait until we arrive in Paris on the day of to either buy the ticket out of CDG if we make it in time, if not, then head into paris and get the next train out of Gare d l'est. I don't want to be stressing out in line at customs at the airport worrying over missing the train, but if our timing seems feasible, I would hate to back track into paris then catch another train to Reims if we could've made it.
We are arriving on United with a layover first in Germany on Wednesday, August 7 at 10:44 AM. The train we are hoping to catch departs CDG on the TGV at 12:36. Right now the ticket is 16.47 Euros. First off, will this sell out if we wait to try and catch the day of? If not, will it be double the price anyway since we waited? The TGV site is a little confusing as to whether this is a PREM or TARIF fare and thus exchangeable if we miss the train.
If we are assuming we won't have enough time for customs and luggage to make the CDG train, then our next option is to go to Gare d L'est for the 12:58, 1:58 or 3:30, 3:45 or 5:30 pm trains. Again, should we buy this ticket in advance to save on the fare? Will they sell out? which one would we likely make given our arrival time at the airport?
Thank you so much if anyone can advise on this!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan airport--which one
- 2 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 3 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 4 Which Area in London?
- 5 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 6 Paris Apartment
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 13 Visit to France
- 14 First time in Spain
- 15 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 22 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 25 family trip to Germany and more
TGV Train Tickets: CDG or Gare Est to Reims, based on flight arrival