TGV/SFCN Terminal at CDG airport?

Feb 5th, 2001, 10:56 AM
Mary

TGV/SFCN Terminal at CDG airport?

It is possible to get a TGV or SFCN train right at CDG airport?

Feb 5th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Christina

yes, a TGV train, probably not to everywhere but you'd have to check routes to see if there is one to where you want to go. You can use www.raileurope for that, they list a lot of routes from CDG. As far as I know, there is not regular rail station at CDG, that would be infrastructure overload as there are so many in Paris that you can get to shortly by RER.

Feb 5th, 2001, 11:26 AM
Robin

Mary, do take note which terminal you are coming into at CDG. The trains take off froma specific termainal, which, if I remember correctly, was the same as the local connector flights, but different from major international airlines. There is tram service between all of them. It's pretty well marked, but it definitely helps to know what to expect and therefore what to look for.

I was able to call the airline once in France and verify all of this, as we were taking the train from Lyon to the airport before leaving to come home. if you are looking to board a train once you arrive, perhaps the airline can still answer the question.

Feb 5th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Jc

I took TGV from CDG terminal 2 to Avignon last October, There is free shuttle bus outside the terminal take you to SFCN, it stops at each area, so, it took about 5 minutes to get to the station, there are more train to the southeast than to other area. On my way back,I took train directly from Lyon to CDG for morning flight, I didn't have to go to Paris just for one night, it is really convinent.

Feb 5th, 2001, 06:44 PM
Mary

Thanks so much! I really appreciate this information.

Feb 6th, 2001, 09:17 AM
Sue

We actually walked to the train station from Terminal 1. I'm not really sure how--just got directions and followed signs. For a map of CDG: http://www.maps.com/cgi-bin/magellan/Linkscdgairport