Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   TGV PREM TICKETS (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/tgv-prem-tickets-318654/)

kismetchimera May 19th, 2003 01:19 PM

TGV PREM TICKETS

Just bought 3 Prem tickets from Avignon to Paris for a total of 75.00 dollars...Great bargains...

yipper May 19th, 2003 03:30 PM

Hi,

I need to take the same trip. What day of the week are you traveling on and what time?

Thanks,
Yipper

daph May 19th, 2003 03:38 PM

What site did you buy them on? We need Paris to Nice RT.

johanna May 19th, 2003 04:32 PM

I am trying to purchase tickets online on Tgv ist class to Avignon and quoted price of 104 Euros one way ist class. Can you share how you got them. Thanks

kismetchimera May 19th, 2003 07:18 PM

yipper,daph,johanna, i did not ask for the prem fare and it was a surprise for me also. I used SNCF, I typed Avignon to Paris ,the time that I wanted to leave and the numbers of passengers..The webb gave me the schedules of the departing trains to Paris, and almost everyone was a prem's fare. I leave Avignon the 18 of july around 10 am...
Good luck,
kismet

kismetchimera May 19th, 2003 07:22 PM

If you are interested and if you are in line at this moment,10:26 texas time, the Prem fare is still on....

johanna May 19th, 2003 08:29 PM

Thanks kismetchimera. I just checked on line and it is still 104 euros 1st class one way. I am going from Paris to avignon on June 3rd. Also, the tickets have to be picked up in France within 7 days. i AM not sure where they need to be picked up.. I have spent hrs on line today trying to complete a train itinerary. Thanks to a poster here, I finally found a way . I may not know how to the site so well. Thanks for the info though. Maybe the tickets are cheaper because you are making the reservaarion so far in advance? July? I will keep trying though. I leave this Sunday. Better pack!!!

hike May 19th, 2003 11:32 PM

Prem Fare exist probably only for 2nd cls, I suspect. Also there possibly is a limited number of seats to be given at Prem Fare, thus booking further ahead, you would have more luck. Also weekends could be harder than weekdays to get Prem Fare because the locals (French, etc) will travel a lot in the former.

Christina May 20th, 2003 10:38 AM

yeah, PREMs fares are limited to certain routes and times, so there probably just aren't any for the train you want. If there were, they'd turn up.

You can pick up tickets at any French rail station at the ticket windows. There are also these little offices outside the rail stations called SNCF boutiques where I guess you can pick them up, although I haven't used them. I think there is one at the airport, and at some of the major RER stops, some tourist offices in various cities, as well as other independent places.

Here are the locations in Paris of SNCF boutiques:
Chatelet/Les Halles RER stop,
Salle d'échange level 4

18, rue du Pont Neuf, 1st arr.

99, rue de Rivoli, 1st arr (near Chatelet metro)

79, rue de Rennes, 6th (near St-Sulpice)

17, rue Littre, 6th arr (Montparnasse)

54 Bd St Michel, 6th arr., beside RER B

Gare St Lazare, galerie marchande, 8th arr.

32-34 rue Joubert, 9th arr.

78 rue St Dominique, 7th arr.

229, rue du Faubourg St-Honoré, 8th arr.

Auber RER stop, 9th arr.

Centre commercial Italie 2, place d'Italie, 13th arr.

105, rue de Tolbiac, 13th arr.

place Denfert-Rochereau, 14th arr.

Centre commercial Gaîté, ave du Maine, 14th arr.

33 rue du Commerce, 15th arr.

1, Rue Balard, 15th (in front of RER C Javel station)

76, rue d'Auteuil, 16th arr. (old gare)

116 Bd Péreire, in front of RER station, 17th arr.

pl Porte Maillot at bd Pereire, 17th

27 rue Lepic, 18th arr(Blanche metro)

133, rue Ordener,18th(me Jules Joffrin)

4, rue Mélingue, 19th arr (Belleville)

59, rue de Meaux, 19th arr.

travelmom May 15th, 2006 08:53 PM

trying to purchase our tgv tickets for travel on a Wed.) and the total price for 5 tickets from Paris to Avignon was $473!!!! For second class! I couldn't find a separate website just for TGV. It takes you to raileurope.com. Where can I buy the TGV tickets for less?

ira May 16th, 2006 04:15 AM

Hi Mom,

Buy your tickets at www.voyages-sncf.com for the same price as you would pay in France.

If you find the PREMS fare, you can print your own ticket.

You can have tickets mailed to your hotel, r you can retrieve them at a train station or SNCF boutique.

((I))

CarolineM May 24th, 2006 07:11 AM

Is EU128 a decent price for 2 1st class tickets from Paris to Avignon? It is a PREM and is cheaper than the 2nd class. We are going in August, so I could wait a bit to purchase.

ira May 24th, 2006 07:14 AM

Hi Caroline,

The cheapest tickets are the PREMS.

((I))

cocofromdijon May 24th, 2006 07:36 AM

Yes and you can see they don't only exist for 2nd class. Sometimes there is only 1€ difference between Prem 2nd and Prem 1st class. :-)