Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

TGV from Dijon to CDG: Stu Dudley or anyone, help me find it

Old May 13th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In a February post here seeking help planning an August trip in Brittany and Burgundy, RonZ mentioned that Stu Dudley had posted about a morning TGV from Dijon to CDG. Somehow I found it, probably on Raileurope, and booked our flights in and out of CDG safe in the knowledge that we could get to CDG two hours in advance of our friends flight back to the US. Now I go on the Raileurope site and can only find trains from Dijon to Gare de Lyon. I seem to have lost the ability to find a train from Dijon to CDG. Help me find it, please. I'll be forever grateful.
Old May 13th, 2005, 05:09 AM
ira

Hi Julie,

Do not use the raileurope site.

I searched http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en and
www.sncf.com.

Both show that the trains from Dijon go into Gare de Lyon.

You can get 2cl PREMS fare for 25E pp to Gare de Lyon at www.sncf.com.

For two of you, the PREMS fare will save 50E, which you can use for a cab to CDG.

Old May 13th, 2005, 06:29 AM

Not to wory.

From the voyages-sncf.com: TGV 5152, Dijon to Aeroport CDG, leaves 6:30am, arrives 8:21
Old May 13th, 2005, 07:16 AM

>>From the voyages-sncf.com: TGV 5152, Dijon to Aeroport CDG, leaves 6:30am, arrives 8:21<<

That's the one I took twice, and will take it again in '06. Stay at the Jura hotel - 50 yds from the train station (very nice hotel).

Stu Dudley

Stu Dudley
Old May 13th, 2005, 07:21 AM
ira

Silly me.

I was looking at trains from 07:00 onward.

Thanks for the correction.

Old May 13th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your help on this. I feel better knowing that you say it's out there. I'd feel better yet if I could get the same response from the site but I just can't. I'm embarrassed with my lack of search prowess here but would sure like your continued help on this. I go to the site voyages-sncf.com Then I click on the English speaking flag and insert dijon as my departure city and aeroport cdg as my destination. I insert start of voyage at 5 a.m. and give a date in the near future that is a weekday (we'll want it for Tues. Aug. 30 but I didn't want to insert that because they don't ticket, over 60 days out, right?) But it comes back that they won't ticket via internet because the route requires more than 3 stops. Can't be right. What am I doing wrong? Also, why can't I find USA for a place to which tickets should be sent? I seem to find everything but. Sorry to be such a ditz here. Thanks for the help. I obviously need all of it that I can get.
Old May 13th, 2005, 09:27 AM

Raileurope is useful for general planning and buying railpasses, but their train schedules are not comprehensive and don't list every train that runs in France. There website has that in the notes -- they mainly list ones they think will be of most demand by tourists. They are better for major routes, though.

I forget what you put in SNCF for the airport, but if it's not correct, they have a drop-down list to select one (I think maybe Roissy). But that might not be your problem. It is correct that they won't ticket itineraries with a lot of stops. I don't know what route you are looking for or whether there are choices you want that would be less than 3, maybe others can help with that.

YOu won't get US as a country to mail tickets because they won't mail them to the US. They won't mail them to North America, in general, I believe.
Old May 13th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

So, do I have to just take my chances that when I get to France in August I can still book a seat (or actually 4 of them) on this train that I must have in order to make our flight connections home? I swear we booked tickets on trains before and had them in hand as we left the US. Is there some other way to book these trains?
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:32 PM

Julie,

Try this http://www.tgv.co.uk/

It is UK based but I think it will work
Old May 13th, 2005, 01:34 PM

In the "leaving from" box on www.voyages-sncf.com I put Dijon. In the "going to" box I put Roissy. I picked a couple of weeks from today as the date. I picked 5am as the start time.

It came back with this train:

DIJON VILLE 06h30

AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV 08h21

It does say that is the only train on that day. I had a prem fare last year and printed the ticket out at home.
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:03 PM

SNCF will mail tickets to the US. I booked my last trip over the phone and the tickets arrived a couple of weeks later.
Old May 14th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you. i feel much more confident now that I will be able to make this work, book my train routes, and make my flight out. I appreciate your help with all of this.