Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Where to stay in Naples?
- 7 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 8 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 9 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 10 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 11 10 days in europe
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 European honeymoon help needed
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 16 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 17 land vs river cruise
- 18 Portugal
- 19 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 20 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 21 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 22 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 23 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 24 Browsing Barcelona
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19