Texas Aggie / Ira/ GAC or anyone with Trenitalia info

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texas Aggie I am in teh same situation a syou re: No e-mail as yet for ticketless reservation. I finally managed to book on Internet Explorer 4 Tickets for Rome -Florence. I have the PNR Code and Visa Order numbers and codes in case of wanting to change tickets, but no e-mail received. This is so frustrating as the whole point was to be Ticketless and not have to buy tickets there. Please tell me that I can just punch in PNR code and get my tickets. TexasAggie did this work for you?
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 01:08 PM
ira

Hi Dock,

If you will be on an ES* train, you only need your PRN number. these are reserved seat only, and your "ticket" is good only on that train.

Did you print out the confirmation page? It will be helpful, but not absolutely necessary.

The credit card you used to buy the tickets will also be helpful.

All other trains require you to get paper tickets from a machine at any train station, ticket agent or travel agent, because they are good for any train.

Old Jun 27th, 2005, 01:13 PM

Hi DOCK,

I did not see this post earlier, sorry!

We ended up just fine even though we never did receive the email confirmation for one of the reservations we booked via the trenitalia website. I just handed the PNR code (handwritten) to the ticket agent and he took it with him back to his suitcase. About 5 minutes later he came back with a receipt that he said was our ticket. I did have my credit card ready to present along with a copy of the credit card statement showing we had paid, but none of that was necessary.

Do note that "ticketless" means just that - you cannot punch in your PNR code to one of the automated ticket machines and get a ticket. That option is called "self service". In your situation just get on your train and be ready to give the PNR code to the agent.

Old Jun 27th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks I feel better. I will take the printed info along. Thanks again.
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 02:30 PM

I am also in the same situation. I just navigated the site last night and had to go three separate times to get 9 tickets. Sometimes I have tech problems. I also have a printer issue so I didn't print out the confirmation but I did write all the info out so I have the PNR for all three orders. The only problem I have is that I didn't see the seat assignments on the first order-just figured they would come in on the e-mail. I do have the seats for the other two orders. (Three people were just going to sit in a different spot -not a big deal). Now, what should we do when we don't know where those three people should sit? Should we just ask the conductor? I haven't been on an Italian train in 20 years so I have no experience. Thanks for any help. Brenda