Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Temps in Paris for This September (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/temps-in-paris-for-this-september-625358/)

Dejais Jun 21st, 2006 11:37 AM

Temps in Paris for This September

As a lot of you know by my posts, my mother and I will be traveling to Paris and London this September, specifically the 7th through the 17th. I have checked the weather sites and gotten temp averages but could someone who lives there or has been there in September tell me what the weather should be like?

I live in Florida and Mom in NY. We are wondering if it will be cool enough for jackets/blazers and leather boots or is it still warmish as it tends to be in NY in September.

We will be packing layered clothes but would hate to take more than we need. We are trying to keep everything to a minimum especially footwear and jackets.

Thank you once again for your help.

PalQ Jun 21st, 2006 11:42 AM

I've been there many Septembers and you have to be prepared for all of the above - cool 50s and rainy or warm and low 70s - rarely really hot then. Very changeable weather. Avg hi 70 avg low 52 - that's for the whole month.

AliH1 Jun 21st, 2006 11:45 AM

I agree, we were there in September and needed everything from t-shirts to rain gear for a downpour while we were at Versailles! Take layers that are easy to carry if you need to take them off!

Alison

Dejais Jun 21st, 2006 11:48 AM

Thanks, girls. That was fast! I think I am most concerned about footwear. I have a great pair of ankleboots with low heels that I have been saving for the trip and I was concerned it might be too warm. Guess it is more like NY weather in September....warm and cool as well. Warm I can deal with as long as it does not get hot.

Thanks for your input.

ira Jun 21st, 2006 12:18 PM

Dear Dejais,

From Sept 7 through 11 it will e unseasonably warm, but with more precipitation than usual.

From the 12th through the 17th, it will be generally cool and dry, with light and variable winds.

The week before you go, check the forecast at www.weather.com and see just how correct I am.

You can also decide what to bring.

Enjoy your visit.

((I))

PalQ Jun 21st, 2006 12:22 PM

Sounds like there's a lot of snow blowing around Pecan Land!

Madison Jun 21st, 2006 01:09 PM

Dejais - I was in Paris from Sept. 8th - 20th and the weather was consistently cool during the day. I would say from 55-60. Two days of rain, but for a very short period.

djkbooks Jun 21st, 2006 03:52 PM

I always check the forecast just before finalizing my packing - but also plan for cooler and warmer. In Paris, you just never know. Layers are essential.

tskobo Jun 21st, 2006 04:49 PM

I was in Paris two years ago the same exact time you will be there. The week before I arrived the weather was mid-70s and sunny. When I arrived, it was still sunny, but the temp was about 95-100F every day of the week.

mikeyb Jun 21st, 2006 05:21 PM

Hi D,

As you can see from the variety of responses, you really won't know until you see the forecasts a few days before you depart.

The weather is truly changing around the world over the last few years so the expected is usually the unexpected.

mikeyb Jun 21st, 2006 05:23 PM

We were there a few years ago in September and it was in the 70's when we arrived in Paris and snowed on your return to Paris two weeks later.

Dejais Jun 21st, 2006 06:11 PM

I thank you all for your input. I plan to check the temps before I go. I was just hoping it would not be surprisingly hot which now someone has said it was when they were there...oh, well...chalk it up to global warming. Thank you again.

AnthonyGA Jun 21st, 2006 07:38 PM

The last decade has been increasingly hot, so you should be prepared for temperatures potentially well above the historical norms (as much as 30° F above, in some cases, particularly for daily highs).