Telephone cards

Mar 27th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Telephone cards

We understand that it's possible to purchase a telephone card in "tobaccaio's" in Italy for 5 euro and these cards can be used to call the US. Please let us know if you know anything about these cards.

Thank you.
Mar 27th, 2006, 11:54 AM

Last month I bought a 5-euro card with 200+ minutes of calling time from Italy to the U.S. Instructions on the card for dialing a local number, then instructions in English on entering the card number, then the phone number you want to reach. Really easy to use. Here's info, with a picture of the Eurpoa card:
http://slowtrav.com/italy/instructions/dialing.htm
Mar 27th, 2006, 12:54 PM

I bought one of those in January but it had already expired in December. Check the date on your card before leaving the tobac shop.

My card came from Carta Telefonica Internationale per Chiamate dall' Italia, distributed by PT Shop. It may still work. Since I won't be back soon any of you are welcome to try to use it.

Instructiones are:
Dial 800-900-960
Follow the voice prompts
Dial the PIN 2064 4269 9369
Press #
Dial the phone number

I have some other telephone cards, Sweden, Czech, Lithunia. They expire soon after purchase so I don't know if they are still valid. Heck, I'll start a new thread with the pin numbers so anybody going can give them a try. This is a 5 euro rip off every time you buy a card for a single phone call.

Mar 27th, 2006, 12:59 PM

I also have a phone card with about 7 hours left on it from Italy to US. It expires around June 4 so if anyone is interested let me know.You can have it.

Search this Thread