Reload this Page >

Teenagers in Europe

Search

Teenagers in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 03:19 PM
Kent

Teenagers in Europe

Help! We are traveling to Europe next summer going from Rome to London in 2 weeks.We have 3 kids 16,15,12. Any suggestions for travel between cities ? Activities ? We are mainly concentrating on three cities Rome,London and Paris. Thanks,Kent

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 03:30 PM
CJ

You again. As I told you earlier today, you should be specific about what activities you are interested in. Do you want to see museums? Historical sights? Are you city people, or do you want to see the countryside? I would recommend taking the train between those cities. I have taken the overnight train between Florence and Paris -- you could take the same, longer train ride from Rome.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 03:30 PM
Si

My suggestion is: leave the kids at home and get in some serious jiggy jiggy on the night train from Vienna to Brussels. Believe me, going through tunnels will never be the same again. <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 03:55 PM
gowhack

TROLL ALERT!

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 04:08 PM
grasshopper

CJ, take a chill pill! It was a reasonable question and had some good starting places. If you don't have any suggestions, go on to the next message. <BR> <BR>Kent, London and Paris are an easy train ride. Paris to Rome is a lot farther (15 hours by train) I'd suggest breaking it up with towns in between and then you're squeezing a lot into 2 weeks. Unless you like being on the move, maybe London and Paris with shorter trips extending from each of those is more reasonable. Consider the Loire Valley or Lyon. The kids would probably like the chateaux in the Loire valley. <BR> <BR>Feel free to email me for more specific recommendations.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 06:50 PM
Teach

First of all: Good Luck! <BR> <BR>The very first thing you need to do is get the kids involved in planning the trip. This could be a great educational activity for them. <BR>Take a trip to the bookstore and get a good guide book and let the kids research the locations. Let them plan some of the activities based on their interests. Typically, teens like outdoor activities such as biking, kayaking, hot air balloning, horseback riding, etc. Interactive museums are also a very good bet. <BR> <BR>But be careful. Make sure your kids are interested in Europe. Usually at this age they are extreamly interested in their friends and other teens. Some teens are into the arts and would appreciate the culture of Europe, but others may think its a yawn! I teach teens and one of my students stated he hated being "dragged" to Europe because he left his girlfriend behind! If they are not interested in going, save the money and leave them with a friend or relative. But if they are interested, let them plan using a good guide book and you can't go wrong.