Reload this Page >

Taxis from Fiumicino Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 06:42 PM
Kelley

I need some advice re the cost of taxis from the aiport into the heart of Rome. Our hotel, located between the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain, has offered pickup service for itl.120,000. The train is not really an option for us because we will be very tired coming from the western U.S.. My husband's legs probably can't take the long hike through the train station with luggage. This is our first trip to Rome so would really appreciate sage advice on taxis and anything else you would like to tell me.

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 08:49 PM
John

Kelley, Yellow and white licensed taxis are available on the terminal forecourt. Journey time to central Rome 45 minutes. Fare approx L70,000. <BR>

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 03:32 AM
Tia

Do not go with your hotel service. 120,000 ITL is outrageous. 70,000 ITL is the average taxi cost from FCO to the city. When you get into the taxi, buckle up and brace yourself for a roller coaster ride! The train's a problem too if you've got a bit of luggage.

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 03:32 AM
Tia

Do not go with your hotel service. 120,000 ITL is outrageous. 70,000 ITL is the average taxi cost from FCO to the city. When you get into the taxi, buckle up and brace yourself for a roller coaster ride! The train's a problem too if you've got a bit of luggage.

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 08:20 PM
jd

John & Tia:Thanks for the above info. I too will be arriving in Rome in mid May. Is it true (I think I read a post here) that the taxi fare from center of Rome to airport is higher? Also what do you consider a "bit of luggage"? that may cause a problem on the train? My husband & I will each have 1 samsonite siutcase. Is that too much to accommodate on the train. Thanks JD

Old Apr 22nd, 1999, 10:14 PM
tia

Hi Jd...We didn't take a train at all, but the person who we stayed with (great person if you need a place to stay), said we'd have a bit of a problem with our luggage and all we had was a rollerboard suitcase each (carry-on size), and another garment bag (not large). The person who we stayed with (Andrea & Daniela's House) got us a ride to and from the airport for a good rate. I'd definitely stay with her again. Have fun and bring along good walking shoes!