Reload this Page >

TAXI TO POMPEII FROM NAPLES?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 04:43 AM
K. Gambeta

Does anyone know if it would be expensive to take a taxi from the port in Naples to Pompeii?

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 05:26 AM
Bob

According to this web site, there's a fixed fare of 180,000 lire (I believe for a round trip but I'm not sure): "www.taxivagando.it/corse_extraurbane.htm" There's an email address on their home page so you may want to write or call for clarification. The circumvesuviana train is probably quicker and is certainly less expensive. Is there some reason why you can't use it?

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 05:52 AM
Bob

Correction! 140,000 lire round trip with a 2 hour stop at Pompei.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Celeste

The circumvesuviana train drops you off right at the entrance to Pompeii Scavi, no closer than a taxi would/ The train takes less than 45 minutes from Naples. Why take a taxi?

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Jim

Yes the train is very easy unless you are disabled or can't walk. No reason to take a cab.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 02:35 PM
K. Gambeta

Thanks for the info. Is this train station very far from the port? Also, how often do the trains arrive and leave from Pompeii?

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 05:39 PM
Bob

You can find the schedule at this site: "http://www.penisola.net/home/servizi/info/ttable.htm" I'm not sure which port in Naples you will be arriving at but I assume that it is the Molo port which would be less than a mile from the circumvesuviana station.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 06:03 PM
lisa

K. <BR>Which cruise are you doing? <BR>