Taxi service (Montepertuso to Positano)?

May 31st, 2017, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Taxi service (Montepertuso to Positano)?

Hi there, I'm staying in Montepertuso and will be taking a boat tour of Capri tomorrow. I need to get down from Montepertuso to Positano early (like 8:30 to 9:00) and don't feel that the bus system is a good call (we'd be skidding in last second.)

I believe the other option (besides walking) is a cab. I downloaded the mytaxi app for Android and it estimates a taxi would be between 10€ and 15€ which isn't too bad to save me a 20-30 minute trek down stairs prior to a full day in the sun. The thing is, I've not used the mytaxi app yet or even booked a taxi in this area, so I have no idea if it's a legitimate method that will work or not.

Am I on the right track here or do I need to use a different method of booking a taxi than the mytaxi app? Do the taxis around here accept card payments through the app? Are the taxis on time, or is it kinda a gamble? From Montepertuso (Piazza Cappella) is 10€-15€ a correct estimate? Do I tip? Are there other methods of transportation besides taxis and the public bus system that I should be considering?

Thanks!
May 31st, 2017, 09:51 PM
Original Poster

Bump
Jun 1st, 2017, 11:38 AM
ekc

I highly doubt that any taxi in the area uses an app. Prearrange for a driver to pick you up. You can call the driver I always use, Sergio Rianna. His number is 011-39-334-9686800. You can also email him at [email protected]. Or your accommodation should have a contact.

I took a taxi once from Piazza Mulini (where the pedestrian-only portion of Positano starts), up to Chiesa Nuova (the upper part of Positano) and it was 20 euro. I would expect to pay more than 20 euro to go all the way up to Montepertuso.