Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   taxi-paris.org has anyone used them to get from CDG to Paris? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/taxi-paris-org-has-anyone-used-them-to-get-from-cdg-to-paris-342494/)

Graziella5b Apr 13th, 2008 05:11 AM

taxi-paris.org has anyone used them to get from CDG to Paris?

We need transportation for a family consiting of father, mother and three children , 12-9-7 years old.
I do not wish to risk not finding a taxi van in the taxi line at CDG, for this reason I contacted
paris-taxi.org they quoted 85 euros for a "unispace" which I imagine is like a van,(?) .The driver will be waiting for them with a sign, and all extras, lugagge, extra person etc are included also it is a fixed rate. I think it sounds ok.
What do the Paris experts think? Any other suggestion.
The family ( my grandchildren) will be arriving from a long trip and of course
with children and all would like to get into the vehicule as soon as possible. Any advice will be highly
appreciated.

Graziella5b Apr 13th, 2008 09:34 AM

t/...

Christina Apr 13th, 2008 11:05 AM

I think it sounds like an okay price -- a lot of companies charge 90 euro or more for that service. I would make sure it includes waiting time, if necessary (eg, it may include 45 min. waiting time). I think they usually refer to a minivan taxi that can seat five as a "monospace".

This company seems to offer a private van service that would include 5 people for 80 euro from CDG to Paris, but I don't know anything about them.
http://www.airportexpress.fr

kerouac Apr 13th, 2008 11:12 AM

That price is ridiculous. At any given moment, a taxi customer has the right to choose ANY taxi in line at a taxi stand in France. Since there are normally about 150 taxis lined up at the terminals at CDG, you will ALWAYS be able to find a minivan ("monospace" in French) to take 5 people and luggage into the city -- for about 50 euros.

djkbooks Apr 13th, 2008 01:11 PM

You won't have a problem finding a taxi at CDG. Just head for the queue and stick together with your bags. The taxi drivers are incredibly efficient with matching vehicles to groups.

It's handy to print a map with the name and address of the hotel at www.pagesjaunes.fr to give to the driver.

Graziella5b Apr 13th, 2008 01:13 PM

Do you think so Kerouac ? I liked it because all extras like for luggage, extra persons, delays in traffic and waiting are included....I was not sure if one can choose any taxi from the line no matter what position.... I think the flight is arriving on a Thursday at a reasonable time
that is 11 AM...I believe you live in Paris, do you not?
Thank you for your advice , no one likes to throw away
euros...Thank you.

Travelnut Apr 13th, 2008 02:29 PM

Well a normal taxi sedan couldn't take all 5 passengers anyway, so you would <i>have</i> to take the first available van-taxi, even if it was the eighth one down the 'line'.

Graziella5b Apr 13th, 2008 03:58 PM

Thank you kerouac,travelnut and djk books, for opening my eyes and give me confidence....your advice makes sense. I let you know how it did work ...

djkbooks Apr 13th, 2008 06:34 PM

Our taxi fare to the 7th has been between &euro;45-55. One time there was lots of traffic, and a serious accident (injured people were being treated on the highway), and the fare was &euro;62 (or maybe 72). The taxi driver felt awful and kept waving away a tip.

There will be an extra &euro;2.75 each for the 4th and 5th person. And, there's a &euro;1 charge for each bag over 5kgs after the first. But, you won't come anywhere near &euro;85.

Going back, be sure to order a taxi the day before.

Graziella5b Apr 14th, 2008 02:49 AM

djk books,

When you say be sure you order a taxi the day before,
What do you mean exactly? I am lost there....
Sorry I seem so dumb.

At this point I am planing to get a van from the taxi line at CDG and be prepare to pay to the 7 th,
55+ 5.50 extra persons + 5 luggage= 65.50, thus a 20 euro savings?

girlonthego Apr 14th, 2008 03:11 AM

I believe djbooks is reminding you to order a taxi the night before for the return flight home.

Question: What is the normal tip %for taxi drivers for the airport cdg trip? We will have four persons with luggage.
Thanks.

Graziella5b Apr 14th, 2008 11:19 AM

Tks. How foolish of me. It is cristal clear. Are you also going to be four persons in a taxi? I also would like to know what would be a reasonable tip for the taxi driver.

kerouac Apr 14th, 2008 01:16 PM

Maximum tip 2 euros.

Normally you just leave the extra change. If the fare is 58.20 you pay 60 euros.

girlonthego Apr 14th, 2008 02:48 PM

Thank you!

And yes we are four in our family. I am assuming we can get a taxi to our hotel. Our kids are teens so they are taller than me! :) So, we will need a full size car/taxi. I was assuming they would have that.

off2CU Apr 14th, 2008 03:21 PM

Another option is you could look into the price of a shuttle service. There are many threads about the various companies.

elsiejune Apr 15th, 2008 12:22 PM

bkmng