Starting to think about the options for getting to our flat in London, located near Gloucester Road tube station, and would appreciate your help sussing out the choices.
1) Private car service: most expensive option, but is it worth it?
2) Taxi: what's the typical fare for a family of 4 with 1 piece of small luggage each?
3) Tube: obviously the cheapest option, but will it be hard to navigate with kids and luggage? Lifts, escalators, etc?
If I go with the Tube option, can I go ahead and get my 7 day Travelcards at LHR? Would I also fill up our Oyster cards there and use the Oyster cards to take the tube into London?
Also, re: the kids' Oyster cards, I will have to mail ahead for those before our trip... so should I just order all 4 of our Oyster cards ahead of time with a nominal amount of $ loaded onto them?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 3 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 6 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 13 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 14 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 15 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 16 Barcelona to Malaga
- 17 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 18 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 19 Christmas week in Ireland
- 20 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 21 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 22 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 23 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 24 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 25 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report