Taxi from Budapest Airport to Hotel Gran Cornithia Royal

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will arrive on a Sunday evening into Budapest, the three of us with some luggage, probably one or two ckeck in and two to three carry on. Total 3-4 pieces. The hotel can arrange a fancy car for 10000 Hungarian F ($50). Do you know the cost with Zona Taxi, the routine charge? Thank you. Jack
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:26 AM

My parents used a taxi to go from our apt to the airport a few weeks ago. The fare & tip was just under $25.

There are several taxi companies that you can call ahead for a pre-set rate. Ours was 4300 huf (approx. 205 huf / USD). If I remember correctly, the range was 3800 - 4500 according to the TI and probably should add a 10% tip.

Most guidebooks say not to just flag down a taxi or use anyone hovering around the exit at the airport, train station, etc.
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:26 AM
yk

You MUST call for a taxi, rather than hailing one from the curb.

My relatives recently booked a taxi (company was Budapest Taxi) to go from District VII to Budapest airport. It was a fixed rate of 4300HUF plus tip.

I'm pretty sure it'll be about half the cost (of 10000HUF) if you arrange for a taxi yourself.
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:33 AM
yk

oh, mmyk72 and I are related. We're talking about the same taxi ride.

According to the Budapest airport website, the taxi fare is fixed depending on where you're heading:
http://www.bud.hu/english/passengers...arking/by_taxi

I would make sure you print out the page with you, in case the taxi driver decides to rip you off.
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:36 AM

Zona rates: http://www.bud.hu/english/transport/taxi

They are the only operator allowed on the cab rank at the terminal. They will take passengers to the airport for a little less (presumably because they can expect a fare back into the city).

In the city, if you flag down cabs in the street you run a slight financial risk: that you will pay the maximum legal rate, which is on the high side. You get a better deal if you call on of a handful of reliable good-value operators. I use City Taxis (2 111 111: English-speaking dispatchers) but there are other good providers as well.
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 04:01 AM

October 2010 my friend and I arranged a private car service to pick us up at the train station in Budapest upon arrival and deliver us to the airport upon departure.

The name of the driver is Alajos Pulai and I remember that the trip to the airport was 20E but cannot remember the price from the train. He met us with a sign printed with our name and was waiting when we arrived. We prebooked him for departure and he was very prompt.

I think you can contact him at [email protected]

I would not hesitate to use him again. His name was given to me by a comtributor here and on another travel site.