Taxi from airport to Milan from airport

Old Oct 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taxi from airport to Milan from airport

My husband and I are "seniors." It would be difficult for us to take a shuttle bus or train into Milan from the airport, Malpensa, this week when we arrive. Are there any fixed price taxis/limos? The ones I found that can be pre-booked charge a lot extra per hour if the plane is delayed. Regular taxis can really take you "the long way" and drive up the cost. What do you suggest? How much will it cost? Many thanks.
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 03:51 AM
z

What do you mean "seniors?" Are you seniors or not? Seems you are not comfortable with this term. Regardless of your age a shuttle is the best way to get to Milan. I know many senoirs who use this transportation. I can't figure out what your age has to do with taking a shuttle.
Another question, what's "the long way?"
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 04:04 AM
ira

Hi GS,

http://www.terravision.it/milan_bergamo.html
runs a bus service to Milan Central Station. They load your luggage for you.

Metered taxis are available outside both Arrivals and Departures areas.
Journey time to central Milan is around 50 minutes.

Fare: EUR 65.00 - EUR 75.00.
http://www.airwise.com/airports/euro.../MXPtran1.html

Old Oct 26th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Feedback. Malpensa bus shuttle is a lot less expensive than a taxi. However, our driver from Milan back to the airport was very rude, did not help with luggage stowed underneath and exceeded the speed limit while munching and listening to the radio. He told me if I didn't like the noise then I should sit somewhere else! On reaching the airport I had to crawl underneath in the luggage compartment to retrieve my luggage. No one helps. By "seniors" I meant, kindly, those over a certain age who need assistance. My husband is 80 which he thinks is "senior" enough. And, "the long way" is of course, the route that most taxi drivers take visitors....to drive up their fees.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 04:57 PM

I suspect your attitude that you are going to be automatically ripped off if you take a taxi did NOT come with "advanced age" but if this is your thinking I personally suggest an attitude adjustment prior to your arrival in Italy!