Taxi fare from Termini to vatican city

Old Oct 16th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taxi fare from Termini to vatican city

Hi, am going to stay at hotel Il Gattopardo Relais which is very close to Peter's square. We are going to take the train from the airport to Termini. Can I ask roughly how much the taxi fare would be from the main train station to the Vactican?

Thanks Pasty
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 06:50 AM

appx 13e with two cases, just did it last Sat. but be careful at termini station now the licensed and radio cabs are mixed in the line you want the radio cab ie big numbers on the side its cheaper.Both cabs are white so look for the numbers. Also there are the outright non approved cabs that can charge 50-60-80e.
I went from the Via Nicolo' iii which is just across the street from St. Pietro train station to main termini for the price above.
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 07:13 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
We? How many of you? I'll assume at least two which means there's not much point in training in and then taking a taxi. It will only save you a couple of euro at best and be a lot more hassle. The train for each person would be 11€ and then you still have to pay a taxi. The taxi fare from the airport (assuming FCO)directly to your hotel is a set fee of 40€ (no extra fee for luggage allowed). Make sure you use an official Rome taxi. Taxis licensed to the city of Fiumicino can charge 60€ so be sure to get one registered in Rome. Here's the airport's website link about taking official taxis and how to tell what one looks like.
http://www.adr.it/portal/portal/adr/...vo_in_taxi_FCO
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 08:47 AM

You could also use the Rome shuttle which is appx 35e airport to your door.KYB is right there is little sense of dragging the bags on off train and then to cab when you can do it more or less for same price direct from airport.
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 10:53 AM

www.romeshuttlelimousine.com

35 euros from the airport to your lodging for up to 3 people. It is direct, cheap and they are waiting on you when you exit customs.

You'll find a lot of us have given them fantastic reviews and the price cannot be beat, considering the convenience.

dave
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all - think I might use the limo service. Very helpful.

pasty