Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Taxi/car service MXP to Bellagio (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/taxi-car-service-mxp-to-bellagio-595201/)

FromDC Feb 28th, 2006 03:21 PM

Taxi/car service MXP to Bellagio

I would like suggestions for this. We arrive in MXP and will be too jet lagged to drive but don't want to do the bus/train route. I saw a couple of sites at around 150euros for limo service. Does anyone know either how much a taxi would cost or a less expensive car service (maybe around 100euros)? Thanks for the help

nessundorma Feb 28th, 2006 04:27 PM

You might ask your hotel for advice. I think it is going to be steep.

There is a bus that goes directly from Malpensa to Menaggio, which is a 15 minute (beautiful) ferry ride away from Bellagio. That might be your best bet, but you need to check the departure times for the bus.

You might start by doing a search or asking on the message board at the Slow Travel site, because I've seen the info for the bus posted there more than once.

And a google search of "Malpensa Menaggion airport bus" might give you the info.

alison Feb 28th, 2006 08:30 PM

when i looked into taxi from MXP to Varenna i was told by my hotel it would be 140 euro.

Libellula Feb 28th, 2006 08:44 PM

Have you looked at this car service website: www.viaggiosereno.com ?
The rates are not online but if you inquire, the rate from Malpensa to Bellagio is $190 (roughly 160 euros)

Libellula Feb 28th, 2006 08:57 PM

FromDC:
Sorry about my previous post (I can't delete it)...I just re-read your original inquiry and noted that you would prefer to pay not more than 100 euros.

FromDC Mar 1st, 2006 08:13 AM

Thanks for the advice! How tough a drive would it be if we did decide to rent a car? I understand from the michelin on line map service that it is almost a 2 hr drive but having been to the Amalfi and Cilento coasts, I don't think this is something we can handle when jet lagged if it is similar.

italyss Mar 1st, 2006 09:24 AM

I did this ride in May 2006. The Bellagio hotel sent a car and driver to MXP. I was happy, because, as it turned out, I was a little under the weather, and was in no mood to deal with the train/bus. Also, my flight into MXP was nearly a hour late, and he was there waiting. The price was 120 euros, I believe. The hotel asked me to pay him in cash, so I just went to an ATM in the airport. I also gave him a nice tip since he had been so kind to wait. The drive was close to one hour, and there was a little traffic, basically because some of the roads are narrow, and there were several huge German buses that blocked things (lots of comments from driver). It will cost you more than 100 euros, but worth it. On the way back, I took the train from Varenna to Milano Centrale, where I stayed for a couple of nights (Milano). Of course, by then, I was all rested after 3 weeks by the lakes.

italyss Mar 1st, 2006 09:24 AM

Sorry, I meant May 2005!

SuQue Mar 3rd, 2006 02:22 PM

We found a wonderful driver, Davide, at www.davideguerrera.com to drive us from MXP to Bellagio. He was less expensive than driver quotes the hotel gave us and so reliable. He re-confimed by email several times, and was there at MXP when we passed through passport control.

FromDC Mar 4th, 2006 06:08 AM

thank you for the suggestion, I will contact him