Notices

Taormina hotel choice

Sep 9th, 2011, 07:25 AM
dtp
Original Poster

Taormina hotel choice

I am looking at either the hotel Panoramic or the Villa Angela. Both look very nice and get good reviews. They are in 2 different parts of town. Love to get some advice on which is better. Going end of April 2012.
Sep 9th, 2011, 07:35 AM

I would select whichever is nearest to the old town itself...
Sep 9th, 2011, 07:55 AM

Neither of this hotels are in what I would call Taormina. I see the Villa Angela has a shuttle into town. For the Panoramic you must take the gondolas/cable cars or climb some steep steps. And it sounded like it could be a little noisy.

We preferred being in town with easy access to a variety of restaurants (and we had great views of the coast). It depends on what you want.
Sep 9th, 2011, 08:24 AM

We stayed at the Villa Angela 4 months ago. The hotel has its pluses and minuses. It's located up high so the rooms have a large deck with a fantastic view of the water. The downside is that you have to take their shuttle into the old town and you have to time your schedule around when the shuttle comes. We ate dinner in the restaurant (I believe it's only offered once night a week....not sure) and the food was so-so. Breakfast was good.

Search this Thread