Tallinn, Riga or Kracow?

Aug 7th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Tallinn, Riga or Kracow?

We are planning a city break in november and would like to go somewhere different, but can't decide between Tallinn, Riga or Kracow. Any suggestions? We have about three days. How long on average would we need for each of these cities? Which would be best for a 3 day break? Thanks!
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM

Have not been to Riga but I would go back to Tallinn any day. The new part of town is modern like any other new town but the old part of the city is most interesting. I spent three days there and it was quite sufficient. Kracow is larger and there is more to see but even so I was more impressed with Tallinn.If you decide to go there I'll give you the name and address of a cafe that had better Croissants and Mille Feuille than any I have had in Paris. I just can't lay my hands on it at the moment but will gladly look for it.
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:20 AM
hsv

Riga when your choice is between Tallinn and Riga.
I agree with pipsil that Tallinn's Old Town is very nice, but you'd be done with that after 1.5 days. The rest of Tallinn is a bit generic. Its surroundings are beautiful, though, and if you are going in summer I'd recommend to spend the rest of your time in Pärnu.
Riga OTOH has a beautiful medieval Old Town, too, which is surrounded by a broad belt of Art Deco buildings that are well worth a look. Three days for Riga are about ideal I should think.
Should you need further info, do post here- I might have some recommendations which I also have posted here previously.
I cannot comment on Krakow, though, as I have never been there.

Search this Thread