Notices

Tallinn ferry

Mar 23rd, 2001, 06:26 AM
Roy

Tallinn ferry

We will be in Finland next month. Is it necessary or adviseable in April to make reservations for the Ferry/hotel in Tallinn? If so, what line is best? And do they have an e-mail address?
Anyone have good e-mail contacts for hotels in Stockholm or Helsinki? Thanks, Roy

Mar 23rd, 2001, 06:40 AM
travers

Hi Roy,
I was just in Helsinki recently and didn't get to see Tallin but don't worry, I will return some day soon since I have a friend from Tallin. I reckon the best bet is to stay in Eurohostel http://www.eurohostel.fi in Helsinki, nice, clean, cheap hotel and right beside the port where boats leave for Stockholm and Tallin. Apparently, one day should suffice to see Tallin, large boats and ferries operate between Tallin and Helsinki. I'm not sure when the Jetline to Tallin is back on, usually when the weather gets better and ice starts melting on the sea, the Jet only takes 3-4 hrs but boat takes a bit longer, maybe call Eurohostel, I'm sure they could help you. BTW Stockholm is a must to see, beautiful buildings, nicer than Helsinki in my opinion. Hope this info. helps you somewhat, good luck.

Mar 23rd, 2001, 08:06 AM
mimi

Why would you want to stay in Tallin?
We had a one day trip from Helsinki and this was plenty of time to have a tour of the city, buy knitted goods, eat lunch, and walk around. We took the hydrofoil, which was fast and very comfortable, and spent the whole day in Tallin. You should have no trouble buying tickets at the office in April, if it runs this early for we did it in Oct.

Mar 31st, 2001, 08:02 AM
Rpu

To Travers and Mimi
Thanks for your replies. WE found a web site for a ferry so we are comitted for two nights in TAllinn - hope the guidebooks are correct when they call it one of the best preserved old cities in northern Europe - at least the hotel package we bought is cheap. Best, Roy

Search this Thread