Munich hotel near the Christmas Village late November

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying in Munich with my family of four and would like a recommendation of a hotel near the Christmas village. It will be for one night Saturday night November 26th. We are leaving for the airport the following day. A budget hotel would work since its for one night only. Please let me know. Thanks,
Old Sep 26th, 2016, 10:43 AM

I am interpreting that you want to stay in Munich and visit Christmas markets in Munich, as opposed to staying in Munich and visit Christmas "village" elsewhere?

Munich has MANY Christmas markets. Just look at the maps you can easily find by googling. http://www.germany-christmas-market....mas_market.php

You can easily travel to the markets by public transits meaning it really does not matter where you are staying as long as you have access to public transits and not staying way outside the city. If you are with small children, the Chinesicher Turm market is targeted for the small children.
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 08:01 AM

The main Christkindlmarkt is at Marienplatz but it is jammed with people on a Saturday night. Three of us -adults- had trouble staying together as we forced our way through. Better to visit it during the day.

As stated above all markets are accessible by the transportation system. If you are going to the airport by Sbahn (S1 or S8) it might be easiest to stay near one of their stops.

On HRS.com you can sort hotels by how close they are to Sbahn stations. I suspect that this also true on other hotel reservation boards.
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 09:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have no idea how much you want to spend but at least ONE hotel you might consider is the Platzl which is about a block from the Marienplatz and has an absolutely wonderful included breakfast. There are cheaper hotels close by which you can also consdider.

As was mentioned, there are several Christmas markets around and at least one other is an easy walk form the one at the Marienplatz.

They do get busy at night.
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 01:34 PM

At Dukey's recommendation, we stayed at the Platzl in June and were quite pleased. The location can't be beat.
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 01:43 PM

We thought the Platzl was excellent when we stayed some years back and are glad to know it's holding up well. The location is indeed very good: walkable to many places.
Old Oct 1st, 2016, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks you very much for your reply's. I will look into the hotel you suggested. I was thinking about the market at Marienplatz. I didnt realise there were so many. Thanks again.