Hi Fellow Fodors,
We are flying into Zurich on August 2nd and need to be in Northern Italy (Piedmont area) on August 5th. We are trying to figure out where to stay that is in between Zurich and Milan/N.Italy. We originally thinking of Luzern and Como but I really want to avoid running around too much after our long flight. If it were just us, we would take a train to Como but I'm not sure if this will be overkill after getting off our 12 hour flight. After we touch down, we will have 3 nights to stay in the first leg of trip before arriving in N. Italy.
We will be in N. Italy for 3 nights (we have that segment of the trip planned) and will head back to Switzerland and have another 3 nights to spend somewhere. Montreux, Bern, Interlaken, or Luzern or any other suggestions?
We are generally interested in enjoying the scenary, regional cuisine, take a boat ride and/or small hike, and visit castles for my daughter's enjoyment.
I appreciate your help with locations, suggested lodging or any logistical tips you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 2 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 3 Barcelona to Malaga
- 4 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 5 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 6 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 7 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 8 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 9 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 10 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 11 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 14 Moscow Hotels
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 Packing Champagne
- 17 Manchester hotels
- 18 Visit to France
- 19 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 22 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 23 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 24 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 25 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
Hi Fellow Fodors,