We are thinking of cashing in FF miles to see Switzerland next August for about a week. The kids are 8 and 10 and are well travelled.
1. Is Switz. easy to travel with kids. From what I see it should be OK. We do have the option of leaving them with our parents.
2. Is August a good time to go with the kids?
3. For 7 to 10 days, should we just cover Switzerland or also pair it with another country. As part of using FF, I can fly into one city as a stopover and open jaw out of another.
4. For Switz., does this sound good: zurich to lucerne (2-3 nights)-does this cover Bernese area, then train to Montreaux, and then fly out of Geneva?
5. Other country pairs I guess would be the Italian lakes area or Vienna.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 11 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 12 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 13 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 14 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Current plan for March trip
- 17 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 18 Spain in 2018
- 19 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 24 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga