Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Switzerland - Visiting Valle Maggia and Mogheno
Notices

Switzerland - Visiting Valle Maggia and Mogheno

May 30th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Switzerland - Visiting Valle Maggia and Mogheno

We will be traveling back to the "home land" next year. Our family comes from Valle Maggia and Mogheno, respectively. I am wondering where the best place to stay would be. Can/should we stay right in one of the villages or would we be best served to stay in a larger city (which one?) and just travel in to do some exploring? We would spend 1 maybe 2 days in the villages at the most. Just not sure where to start looking for accomodations. Any suggestions are welcomed!
Jun 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM

Hello
you can check www.ticino.ch website
You can either stay in Locarno, which is by the lake shore or somewhere in the valley. There are many possibilities and different accommodations.
Anyway I guess the village you are looking for is Moghegno
High season is July and August. so if you plan to be there at that time make sure you will have a reservation somewhere.
The region is wonderful and there is a lot going on during summer. 2 days are not enough. If you like nature you will love it!
Jun 12th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

We will be there in either May or November. Would you recommend Locarno as a base for this excursion? It didn't seem like there were many lodging options in Moghegno (I always forget that second "g"!) and we like a little night life. I will definitely check out www.ticino.ch. Thanks fro that tip!

Search this Thread