We plan to go to Switzerland this October around 2 weeks (from 8 - 22 October 2016). In our group we will have 4 adults and 1 toddler (two active college-age, two young parents, and one 2 years old boy). I try to fit the trip plan for all of us, which fun enough for my brother-in-law and his friend and relax enough of us as a parents and suitable for our 2 years old boy.
I have the itinerary (rough one so far) below. Could anyone advise any useful tips for this?
What to do in each places like what is the best way to get there, book train pass in advance or on the spot, should I bring baby stroller or it's a big hustle for this trip, how will the weather overthere during this time. I'm really looking forward for this trip but yet very nervous since this is our first Europe trip ever and we have zero knowledge on this.
Day 1 - arrived in Zurich. Stay for 1 night.
Day 2 - train from Zurich to Zermatt
Day 3, 4, 5 stay in Zermatt
Day 6 - train from Zermatt to Lauterbrunnen
Day 7, 8, 9 - stay in Lauterbrunnen
Day 10 - Train from Lauterbrunnen to Lucerne
Day 11,12 - Stay in Lucerne
Day 13 - train from Lucerne to Zurich. Stay in Zurich for 1 night
Day 14 - Depart back to Bahrain/Houston
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 6 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 1st time to Europe
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 14 Paris Apartment
- 15 Trains - website?
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 21 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 22 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Getting around Lisbon
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT