My family (Wife, Daughter 1 - Age 2, Daughter 2 - Age 1) and I are planning a 4 day trip to Zurich and nearby areas accessible by public transport. I am very confused by all the options available as far as rail passes go. I have a few questions and will appreciate and help/guidance:
1. Do my daughters need separate passes?
2. I have read that it is possible to purchase a group pass (with 2 to 5 names listed on it) for a discount - does this apply to my situation, will I need to list all four of us on the pass, and where do I go buy this?
3. I have read that there is not a substantial difference between the 1st & 2nd class experiences (especially not one that justifies the difference is cost) - my question here is, if I buy a 2nd class pass, can I upgrade select journeys for an additional cost to first class? How would this work?
A couple of unrelated questions around travel in Switzerland in general:
1. I am hoping to carry two small strollers (umbrella type) and two medium size back packs (with all of the baby food, diapers etc.) - Is this going to be an issue with booking 2nd class tickets?
2. Will we need to carry car seats with us (in the off chance that we need to hail a cab etc.) or do taxis have special permits that will allow us to ride in taxis without car seats for the babies?
As you may have gathered, a primary objective is to make the vacation fun for the entire family including the two young ones. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ICLOUD $ Passwords Reset Contact $ 1888~260 2909 $ ICLOUD Tec*h ak47baba
- 2 paris to london- day trip
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 GTG Paris December 2017
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 8 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 9 11-12 nights in Portugal
- 10 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 11 10 days in Portugal
- 12 Driving
- 13 Paris November 2017
- 14 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 15 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 16 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 My France Vacation
- 19 London vacation rental agency
- 20 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 21 Greece during Easter week or August
- 22 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 23 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 24 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 25 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris