Search

Rome B &Bs

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2006, 03:07 PM
CBH
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome B &Bs

Hi we are looking for Rome B&B's for around 100-150 E a night in some sort of central location. It's our anniversary! We don't mind walking, but we don't really want to stay in Vatican City. Any ideas?
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:59 PM
MaureenB

See my trip report from Rome for the names of three hotels, plus the one where we stayed. We liked our Domus Julia double room, but it was 170EUR. That's about the best price I could find for a centrally located double in May. Have fun!

Old May 31st, 2006, 07:58 PM

Evas Room i believe is near the spanish steps, I did not stay there but it was recommended.
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:50 PM

Here's a possibility: www.apartment-saint-peters.com - maybe too near the Vatican?!
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 12:02 AM
eri

We just returned from Rome. I highly recommend the place we stayed: Bellesuite Rome. It is very centrally located but in a small side street. We loved the place. We paid 140 Euros for a room for 3 with breakfast. We had free internet access. We will for sure stay there again. The Bellesuite is on a third floor of a building that houses also the Hotel Cellini which gets great reviews in Tripadvisor. Check those 2 hotels. You won't go wrong with either.
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 02:01 AM

Hi

Congrats. Try B&B Tolentino - www.residencetolentino.com.
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 02:31 AM

We're staying at the Guest House Arco dei Tolomei- very good reviews. We were recommended Daphne Inn, but they were booked. I don't think you would go wrong with either...
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 06:35 AM

Here's an excerpt on our Rome B&B from my May 2005 trip report.

We arrived at our hotel around 11:00AM. I had done extensive internet research, looking for reasonably priced hotels that were well located and had good reviews. For Rome, I had booked a standard double room at Residenza Canali ai Coronari www.residenzacanali.com at a rate of 186 Euro, less a 7% discount for cash payment (yes, that is a reasonable price for that location in May). I had emailed the hotel our expected arrival time and was pleased to find they had the room ready. Thanks to the people who posted information on how difficult it would be to spot the hotel. It’s on a very small street called Via dei Tre Archi, just off of Via dei Coronari. The entry looks just like the picture on the web-site – arched opening on a pink wall, wooden double doors with lionhead carvings. But, there is no hotel sign – just a typed nameplate near the doorbell. The limo driver wasn’t sure exactly where it was and asked if I had directions. Luckily, I had printed a map from one of the booking agency websites - he looked at the map and took us right to the hotel.

We were very pleased with Residenza Canali. It’s small – probably 9 or 10 rooms – and there is no elevator. But, the location is perfect, the hotel is pleasant, and the people are very nice. We had Room 4, a yellow room with a high beamed ceiling and 1 window on a quiet, narrow side-street. The room was smaller than I had expected, but it was clean and bright, and had an updated bathroom. They furnished a hair-dryer, coffee-maker with instant coffee (the only coffee-maker we had in Italy), safe with key. Breakfast was good. I would definitely stay there again.
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 06:42 AM

Try the Nicolas Inn on Via Cavour - it's top rated B&B for Rome. We paid 150 euros/night last September.

KC