We are planning to be in Switzerland for 6 nights as per the following programme:
2 nights at Lucerne (arriving from Stuttgart, may be spend a few hours at Bern on the way)
2 nights at Lauterbrunnen
2 nights at Brig (to cover Zermatt, and from here leave for Milan on the 7th day)
I have a Eurailpass to cover me for day 1 and day 7, and I am planning to have a 4-day Swiss flexi saver pass (covering 4 out of the remaining 5 days)
have booked the hotels and need to tee up the train timings but here are my specific questions:
1. I don't particularly like the fact that I am moving hotels thrice, especially with reasonably heavy luggage. Can I instead stay at Lauterbrunnen and cover Lucerne via day trip?
2. The main reason of staying at Brig on the last 2 days is because it would be efficient to go to Milan from there. Can Zermatt be covered from here? Am I missing much by not staying in Zermatt
3. For the day I am not covered by the rail pass, can I keep it for Lauterbrunnen? I.e., does the ride up consume a day of the flexi pass?
Would really appreciate some guidance on the above. Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL ☎Contact Password Reset supp0rt ☎1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h By ☎Yes!
- 2 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 3 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 4 Manchester hotels
- 5 Moscow Hotels
- 6 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 12 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 15 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 Packing Champagne
- 22 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 23 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 24 Barcelona to Malaga
- 25 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?