My DH has skied Zermatt several times and loved the area during winter. However, he's now keen to go back during the early fall for some hiking and potentially cycling.
I would assume a 14 day trip with 12 on the ground. I've been to Zurich already so am thinking that we fly in and out of Geneva, spend a 3-4 days there in and around Montreux and then then go to Zermatt for 5 nights before heading back and flying home from Geneva. That will leave 2-3 nights to spend somewhere again between Zermatt and Geneva. (ideas welcome) assuming we would spend the last night near the airport in Geneva.
Is this a reasonable plan? Is the weather in September decent for hiking around Zermatt (I tend to love September trips as the tourists with children are back in school, its harvest season, etc).
We do not like moving about too much and try to spend at least 3-4 nights in any one city or area; previous trips have taken us to Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium Italy, Czech Republic, etc. We did a two week tour of Northern Italy in 2007 and have toured the lakes and Piedmonte region so crossing into Italy wouldn't be a big draw.
Budget is around 200-250USD/night for two in hotels; will use miles to fly roundtrip.
Many thanks for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 शिकार BROTHER PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 CONTACT BROTHER Techh care
- 2 https://www.healthdietalert.com/lutrevia-youth-cream/
- 3 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 4 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 5 family trip to Germany and more
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Packing Champagne
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Milan airport--which one
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 two days in Nice
- 19 Visit to France
- 20 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 21 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 25 New fast track