Dijon railway station...left luggage?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2005, 12:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friends and I plan to catch a train from Paris to Dijon. We then pick up a leased car and drive to the village of Luneau about 2 hours away.
I was thinking of catching an early train from Paris and arrive in Dijon around 0930 hours. Store our luggage and see Dijon until maybe 1330 hours and then drive to our accommodation where we will be for a week.
Is there a left storage facility at Dijon ville?
Any comments/suggestions on this plan welcome.
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 01:55 PM

bonsoir, I've just called the station to make sure there are lockers but it's late (11:55pm!) they are surely closed tomorrow (sunday) so I can try again on monday.

when are you coming to dijon? If you are really stuck with your luggage, I can offer you my cellar while you are going around. (it's just in front of the palais des ducs and the fine arts museum, you can't be closer!)

à bientôt
corinne
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 12:11 AM

hello again!
I've just called the station and there are lockers available (they were not sure first...)
have a wonderful time in France, and I am sure you will!
if you want to have a look by bus, there is a small free bus(white and green) which drives you through dijon. you can take it not far from the station, place Darcy where there is "the Triomph Arc" and you go down before the bus stop at "notre Dame "stop, you'll be right in the historical part!
If you have any questions don't hesitate!

corinne
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 03:01 AM
RJD

Since you've arranged a leased car, be sure to check the times the car agency is open. The Dijon rental agencies at the train station are usually closed from 12:30 to 2 pm.
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Dear Corrine, thank you so much for taking the time to ring the station to answer my question. I'm very glad we can store our luggage for a few hours. We will be in Dijon in August 2005.
RJD, we are picking up a leased car from "somewhere" in Dijon. The office is not situated at the station. I'm still waiting to hear from the leasing company (Peugeot) for the address and opening times.
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:39 AM

my last message disappeared so I have to write it again, just to say it's a pleasure if I can help, and when you get a response from peugeot, let me know where you have to pick up the car so I can tell you if it's far from the town center and how to get there...
corinne
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 09:37 PM
Original Poster

Hi Corrine,
planning a trip rarely goes smoothly....unfortuately we are unable to pick up the car in Dijon on a Saturday as the leasing firm is only open Monday to Friday.The agent "forgot" to tell me. We'll now drive from Paris Orly to Luneau. But we will visit Dijon on one of the days between the 29/8 and 2/9. Can you tell us anything about the Dijon Folk festival on during this period? I'm not really a fan of folk music but maybe I have taken the title literally.
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 12:20 AM

Hi kimerley,
it's a shame you have to drive 300km more from paris just because the agent didn't tell you the leasing firm closed for the w-e!
Dijon Folk festival is very famous here, it welcomes groups from the entire world to show their music and dancings. there are parades downtown and at the exhibition center. now it's every 2 years and there will be one this year.
it's a pity you're coming in august as I don't know yet what I'll be doing (it's far away in time!) I perhaps would have been able to take your car on friday afternoon and wait for you at the station on saturday, but I'm not sure they would have left the car to me! ;-)
have a nice trip!
corinne
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 10:45 AM

hello again!
I talked to my husband about your car problem and he said : why does she absolutely want to rent a car from that firm, can't she take avis, hertz or another one at dijon station? he's right, if some one did that to me I would let him down! (think of the 300km extra you'll have to drive) but it is just a suggestion...
corinne