This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Christmas Markets 2017
- 8 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 9 Budget trip
- 10 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 11 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 12 Driving
- 13 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 14 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 15 Algarve Town Selection
- 16 Tips for first trip to UK
- 17 paris to london- day trip
- 18 Browsing Barcelona
- 19 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 22 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 23 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.