My husband, 10 month infant, and myself are planning a 5 week trip to Switzerland in May/June 2016 (baby will be 10 months old at the time of travel). We plan on using trains as our main, possibly only, means of transportation as we travel around Switzerland. Our trip will consist of 1 week in Zurich then we plan on choosing 3-4 other locations to serve as a home base for 1+ week as we explore each region. So, at a maximum, we will be staying in 5 different hotels.
To get to Switzerland, we will be flying from the US and will be bringing the baby's car seat. We will need the carseat for our trip home, but we are trying to figure out whether we should pack it around with us throughout Switzerland.
Are carseats required on Swiss trains? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for how to handle the carseat that we are bringing with us? Are there convenient storage options in Zurich to store it while we travel? Another option is to use the carseat and stroller combination, but that seams like a lot to carry around, considering we can use baby carriers and a compact stroller instead.
We'd love to hear how others handled a similar situation and any pros/cons!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self Drive UK tour
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 4 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 7 Rail vs. Plane
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Where to See Flamenco
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Arezzo - how much time?
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 2 week May trip with kids
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 20 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Easter Week in Italy
- 23 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 24 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 25 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help