I've been reading your Europe forums the past few months and am now ready to ask for your opinions on our itinerary to Switzerland and Italy this fall.
Our Daughter will be studying abroad in Lausanne. We are planning the trip to see her for a day or two at the beginning and end of our three weeks. We have RT flights SFO-GVA set.
We plan to use trains only- no car rentals.
Here is our tentative itinerary:
Arrive Lausanne, 3 nights
take Golden Pass Montreux-Interlakken, stay Lauterbrunnen 3 nights
train to Spiez, 1 night
train Spiez-Milan, fast train Milan-Venice, stay 3 nights
fast train to Florence, stay 4 nights
train to Cinque Terre area, 2 nights
train to Como or Maggiore, 2 nights
train to Lausanne, 2 nights
stay in Geneva last night, to catch flight to SFO
So a total of 21 nights.
is this too ambitious? If I dropped anything it would probably be CT. Husband really wants to see Como area. We are late 50's, like to walk and see sights, art, museums, history, enjoy the outdoors but are just as happy exploring cities.
My other question is regarding train passes. Probably some Swiss Pass, but maybe just point to point in Italy?
Thank You for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BUFFALO ROUTER Installation Contact 1800:681:7208 BUFFALO Tec*h sup0rt
- 2 Once upon a time in Italy
- 3 2 week May trip with kids
- 4 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 5 9 day trip to France
- 6 Which Aran Island??
- 7 Sleep at Heathrow
- 8 Keukenhaf
- 9 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 10 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 11 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 12 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 13 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 16 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 17 Rail vs. Plane
- 18 Arezzo - how much time?
- 19 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 20 Where to See Flamenco
- 21 Netherlands- Texel
- 22 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 23 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 24 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 25 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!