We are flying to Geneva (round trip). We (2 couples)were planning to be in French, German and Italian parts (even visit Milan for 1 day), but after reading many messages posted here, I am not sure that it is a good idea. I've been told that I have to visit Basel. So far nobody say anything about this town.
How many days would you suggest to stay in Vavey - Bern/Basel- Luzen/Interlaken- Lugano regions, when you have 9 nights?
Our son is taking a semester in Geneva and he bought a small car which he would lend us. So, since the car is given to us, is it any advantage to our trip or a headache?
Is it still cheaper traveling by car (with a gas $7 per gallon_, than traveling by train? Is any good combination of having both? Should we consider to leave a car somewhere and take a train? It that case, should we buy a discount train ticket?
Do you have any experience with Bad and Breakfast ? Any suggestions?
I was looking for the apartments but could not find anything for 1-2 nights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 9 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 10 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 11 Malaga Christmas lights
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Trans Siberian Train
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Scotland ideas
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 London vacation rental agency
- 18 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 19 South of France
- 20 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 21 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 22 My France Vacation
- 23 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.