Swissair 188.00 flights

Oct 8th, 2001, 05:54 PM
Rosilyn

Swissair 188.00 flights

Just saw a clip on the news. Swissair is offering 188.00 flights. Does anyone know the details?

Oct 8th, 2001, 06:00 PM
Book Chick

I hate to be unkind, but is this their version of a "going out of business" sale??

BC

Oct 8th, 2001, 08:24 PM
HereToday

Try Swissair.com. site for their special offers.

Oct 9th, 2001, 10:01 AM
lori

I agree with Book Chick. This does sound like a going out of business sale. I might want to see if another airline would match their price though, it might be interesting. I wouldn't want to chance it unless I was traveling during a very short time.

Oct 9th, 2001, 12:16 PM
xxx

Hi, I went to their home site, the american one, the internet one, the Italian one, the Swiss one, both german and french and could not find this 188.00 flights.
Can you tell me where are they?
Is this price in dollars?
I still did not see it on their american site.

Oct 9th, 2001, 12:54 PM
lori

Easy come, easy go. I guess this scared them too, as I can find no mention of it anywhere. They aren't owning up to it, but come to think of it they aren't owning up to much of anything lately.

Oct 9th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Rex

While I cannot be sure what Rosilyn saw on her news clip, I believe that the fares she refers to are FROm Switzerland, to any destination (that Swissair serves) IN Europe.

In French:

http://www.swissair.com/flatcharge_f.htm

and in German:

http://www.swissair.com/flatcharge.htm

they refer to a "flat charge" price of 300 CHF ($184.63 USD) for all flights IN Europe FROM Switzerland, and 800 CHF to all other destinations, with the exception of Japan.

It's a promotion designed to win back the confidence of the Swiss people (and nearby neighbors who can fly from Switzerland), no doubt - - since they are footing the bill, after all, for the bailout.

Best wishes,

Rex

Oct 10th, 2001, 03:45 AM
s.fowler

Yesterday, while talking with our travel agent, she said that the ATC, which is the group that processes air tickets, has told agents not to issue any tickets on swissair because they will not be processed by ATC. What the TA said is "Swissair is dead." The question will be how much of swissair's routes survive the transition to Crossair.

Oct 10th, 2001, 07:38 AM
xxx

I called Swiss Air today to ask about these fares and also the one from the US to Europe using a mastercard (2 for 1).
I told them I would like to get the same fares flying from Italy or from Zurick.
I was told they no longer fly into Atlanta (which I needed) and that they also could not tell me about any flights after the 27 of Oct.
She said they did not know what they would be doing after that date.
I then called Cross Air to ask if they would start picking up the flights that Swiss Air is canceling and was told maybe. They told me to call back next week and they should know something.

Oct 10th, 2001, 07:41 AM
s.fowler

Thanks xxx -- could you let us know what you find out?

Oct 10th, 2001, 08:39 AM
xxx

Sure.