My husband and I will be spending a week in Switzerland and are going to purchase the Swiss train pass...my question is, do we need to make a reservation for the Golden Pass scenic train after we've bought the train passes? We'd like to be on the panoramic coaches if possible...any idea on how we go about doing that? Is it better to do that in advance online? I've looked on the Rick Steves website and a few others but cna't seem to find the answers...
For anyone that has travelled on the Golden Pass from Geneva to Lucerne, is there an opportunity to get on/off at certain spots and take the train leisurley or do we have to stay on the train the entire time?
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bitcoin
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 5 Dubrovnik
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 8 Family vacation
- 9 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 15 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 16 Tips for first trip to UK
- 17 which language school in Italy?
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Driving
- 20 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 21 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 22 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 Budget trip