Like many others, I don't like to make touring stops while there is luggage in the trunk of a rental car. There are some places where I just wouldn't do it, but I'm wondering if it is perhaps less dangerous in Switzerland.
One stop we really want to make on our way from Grindelwald to Cannobio is at Bellinzona. There isn't that much information easily available about Bellinzona, and little to none about car travel.
I have a route marked out, and there is parking near the elevator up to the Castel Grande, where we were hoping to park.
I wonder if anyone has an opinion on stopping to see sights in Switzerland with luggage in the car/trunk/boot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 land vs river cruise
- 2 10 days in europe
- 3 European honeymoon help needed
- 4 Portugal
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 14 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 15 Browsing Barcelona
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna