I would like some input from you guys about the Swiss Pass.
I am arriving from Paris, staying in Switzerland for 6 nights, 4 of those are in the Berner Oberland area.
I'm thinking of taking the train from Paris Gare de Lyon station to Basel or Bern as suggested by Swandav, then use a 4 day Swiss Pass for the first 4 days in the Berner Oberland area . For the last two days involving getting to Lucerne, exploring Lucerne and getting to Zurich, I'll just buy tickets as needed.
Is that a good idea or am I better off with an 8 day Swiss Pass? I know I can price individual tickets on sbb.ch and figure out exactly what the differences are. But what would be a good option in your opinion, for a first time visitor?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 2 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 3 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 6 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 7 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 8 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 9 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 10 Driving
- 11 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 18 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 19 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 20 Poland--where else to go
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 5 days in Andalusia
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 South of France
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna