Swiss Pass for 7 days travel

Apr 17th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Swiss Pass for 7 days travel

Hello All
I am pretty confused about various Swiss pass options and wondering if someone can help me figure out the one which saves me some money! Also, do I need to buy the pass before I leave? Are the prices different depending upon where you buy and when you buy?

Here is my travel schedule
Day 1 - Paris to Geneva to Montreux (can any type of swiss pass be used on the train from Paris to Geneva?)
Day 2 - Local trains within Montreux and Vevey
Day 3 - Scenic train from Montreux to Wengen (I think this will require 3 changes?
Day 4 - Trip to Jungfrau from Wengen
Day 5 - Trip to Murren and Schilthorn from Wengen
Day 6 - Train from Wengen to Lucerne
Day 7 - Local trains in Lucerne and Weggis, Mt Pilatus
Day 8 - Lucerne to Zurich to Salzburg via Innsbruck

Thank you!!!
Apr 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Looking at your itinerary I would say get the pass, but the only way to really find out if it is cost effective is to do the maths. The pass commences from Geneva and looking at the intineray the only time I think you will only get 50% discount is the trip up Pilatus, you will get travel on the boats and on local transport in the towns you will be in. You can buy the pass on arrival, it again depends if you can have the pass/es delivered to your home address in time. Ooh I've just seen you have the Jungfrau trip as well, you get free travel to Wengen/ Grindelwald depending on which way you travel and then 50% to Kleine Scheidegg then 25% from there to Jungfraujoch. Don't worry just show your pass at the booking office at Wengen when you catch the train and ask for a return trip ticket. The prices and times are all available at www.sbb.ch/en the Swiss Rail website or www.jungfraubahnen.ch
Hope this helps

Search this Thread