Just wanted some input on a trip to Switzerland in May 2015.
I will be travelling with my elderly in-laws on our way to Italy to see relatives.
My Father-in-law is quite spritely and mobile, but my mother-in-law finds it hard to be on her feet too much after a broken ankle 2 years ago (they are in their 70s)
We have 3 nights 4 days between Basel and Chur (doing the Bernina to Tirano).
I was thinking Lucerne, my FIL loves boats after a life as a fisherman. I thought my MIL would love the views. A place where she can sit on a balcony and see all the beauty. My question is whether we would be better to be in a smaller lakeside village. Money isn’t the only issue, but as our two children are with us (aged 8 & 9) we are a party of 6. Lakeside rooms in Lucerne are expensive. I wondered if Grindelwald would be better. Or whether we should stay in Brienz to have cheaper lakeside view. Or can anyone recommend a family run B&B anywhere in the region? I just don’t want my MIL stuck in her room, so a smaller place might be easier for her to move around, chat to people, eat fondue? My MIL has never been overseas before, and this will probably be her one and only trip. We will be travelling by train so I have been looking at places where we don’t have to change trains much. Thanks for reading,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 5 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 8 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 9 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 10 Scotland ideas
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 13 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 14 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 22 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 23 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 24 paris to london- day trip
- 25 Planning a Poland itinerary