I have a short break from work in June last week an my husband & I plan to do a 3-4 day trip to Switzerland. Need some ideas around where to arrive in Swiss, is Zurich a better option or Basel or Geneva? Secondly, what is the cheapest way to travel around, is buying the rail pass a good option?
Also, is is good to keep our base at one city say Zurich and take day trips to Interlaken, Lucerne, Mt Titlis?
Switzerland is definitely one of the most expensive destinations and we would like try and stick to our budget. Any comments or help provided is very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 2 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 8 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 9 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 10 Poland--where else to go
- 11 The World's Greatest Churches
- 12 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 13 10 days in europe
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 16 Trans Siberian Train
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 20 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 21 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 22 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 23 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 24 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 25 Greece during Easter week or August