Reload this Page >

Swedish food in Stockholm ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 03:32 AM
Macy

Hi, I will be in Stockholm on one Saturday in July and need recomendations for a great resturant for lunch and one for dinner,looking for local food with beautiful suroundings price dose not matter. We will be staying at the Radisson SAS Strand Hotel something in walking distance would be great. Thanks Macy

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 04:16 AM
maggi

My recommendation would be Restaurant Operakällaren, Stockholm <BR>The Opera House, Karl XII torg, Stockholm, Sweden <BR>Tel +46-8-6765800, Fax: +46-8-209592 <BR> <BR>The Opera House was originally built in 1787 and the Operakällaren opened its doors at the same time. In 1895 a larger Opera house was built in the Baroque style to replace the previous one which had become too small. Cater to all tastes, and the atmosphere is merry. Operakällaren is also known for its fabulous weekend smorgasbords. <BR> <BR>"Highest level of culinary excellence in a splendid historical environment". <BR> <BR>We loved this place. The food and the ambiance were great. The description above is from a web site.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 04:17 AM
Rex

Ah - - now on this I may be able to help - - even though I have never been to Sweden, I helped my mother plan the last trip to Europe of her life (in 1998). And I hope you get to see a little more of Scandinavia than just its capital cities. <BR> <BR>Take a look at the scrumptious website of http://www.countrysidehotels.se/ - - in Stockholm, in particular, you will find that Lady Hamilton hotel (which may have a very special dining room, since the other hotels in this collection do). <BR> <BR>But what she talked the most about was http://www.hennickehammar.se/eng/default.html - - which is a culinary JEWEL in the crown of Sweden. And also considered (looks good, but she and Dad did not go there) is http://www.sundbyholms-slott.se/eng/restaurant.html - - both of these do pretty much require a car - - and are fairly distant from Stockholm. Sorry if neither would fit into your plans. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 05:03 AM
ellie

We spent a week at the Lady Hamilton in 1999 and absolutely loved it - they do not serve meals other than breakfast in their small dining area, but their location in Gamla Stan puts it steps away from many fine restaurants.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 06:45 AM
Marija

For a wonderful lunch, with great Swedish food, try Ullah Vinbladh on Djurgarden. You can eat outside in the beautiful garden. Highly recommend it! Although it's not walking distance from the Radisson, you can have lunch there after exploring all the wonders of Djurgarden.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 10:29 AM
Phil

Macy: <BR> <BR>You MUST try "Wedholm's fisk", a legendary fish restaurant on the same street as the SAS Strand hotel (just out the door, left turn). Within walking distance are also "Den Gyldene Freden" in Gamla Stan, serving typical Swedish meals in a historic surrounding and "Paul and Norbert" opposite the SAS Strand just across the small bay, theirs being fantastic modern cooking. All these restaurants are really well suited if "cost is no objective" . <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip: Stockholm is really one of the most beautiful and liveable European capitals. <BR> <BR>Phil