Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/sweden-gothenburg-and-malm-photo-gallery-and-tourist-attractions-1008191/)

toscanafoto Mar 11th, 2014 10:55 AM

Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions

I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Sweden

I visited: Malmö - Gothenburg

These 2 cities are nice but expensive. I recommend 3 days to visit Gothenburg with excursions suggested below or museum and 1 day to visit Malmö

To see my photo gallery click on the link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodi...7633642836668/

Below a list of tourist attractions of 2 cities that may be useful to plan better a trip (names between parentheses are in the local language)

> Gothenburg what to visit :
------------------------------------
- Harbor
- Fortress Skansen Kronan : also panoramic view
- Guldhedens Vattentorn : also panoramic view
- Bridge Alvsborg - Movable Bridge Göta älvbron : also panoramic view
- Haga - Lilla Bommen - Götaplatsen : are the most beautiful districts
- Square ( Torg ) Gustav Adolfs - Square Järntorget
- Kungsportsavenyn : is the main street
- Church Masthugg ( Masthuggskyrkan ) also panoramic view - Cathedral ( Gustavi Domkyrka ) - Church of Oscar Fredrik ( Oskar Fredriks kyrka ) - Church Hagakyrkan
- Church of the Fish ( Feskekörka ) is a fish market
- Kronhuset Kronhusbodarna - Drottning Kristinas Jaktslott : are 2 old buildings
- Municipal Library Stadsbibliotek
- Statue of Poseidon - Statue of Woman Wait ( Sjomanstornet ) - Sculpture of Evert Taube - Järntorgsbrunnen : is a sculpture with 5 female figures representing the 5 continents
- Central Station
- Opera ( Göteborgsoperan ) - Concert Hall Konserthuset - House of Music ( Musikens Hus Majorna ) - Theater Folkteatern - Theater Aftonstjarnan
- Military Air Museum Aeroseum located in an underground Bunker - Maritime Museum - Museum Volvo - Museum of Fine Arts ( Goteborgs Konstmuseum ) - Museum of Natural History ( Naturhistoriska ) - Museum of the City ( Goteborgs Stadsmuseum ) - Rohsska Museum of Design and Applied Arts - Museum Sjofartsmuseet - Museum of World Cultures ( Varldskulturmuseet ) - Museum Nostalgicum
- Askimsbadet : is an area on the sea with beach and green spaces
- Botanical Garden ( Botaniska Tradgarden ) Horticultural Garden - Park Tradgardsforeningen - Park Slottsskogen - Park Lisebergs Nojespark - Nature Reserve Anggardsbergens ( Anggardsbergens Naturreservat ) - English Park - Park Keillers
- Science Center Universeum
- Aquarium ( Sjofartsmuseet Akvariet )
- Lake Delsjon
- Excursion Boat Tour in Arcipelago and Island Vinga
- Excursion Fortress of Alvsborg or Elfsborg ( Älvsborg Nya Fastning )
- Excursion Palace Gunnebo : situated between Mölndal and Pixbo

> Malmö what to visit :
------------------------------
- Lilla Torg is a central beautiful Square
- HSB Turning Torso Skyscraper is the symbol of the city designed by Calatrava twists on itself by 90 degrees from the base to the top floor
- Castle of Malmo ( Malmohus )
- City Hall
- Sodergatan is a pedestrian street
- Harbor west and the beautiful residential area adjacent
- Church of St. Peter
- Maritime and Technology Museum - Malmo Museer - Moderna Museet Malmo - Museum Fotevikens
- Park Kungsparken
- Bridge of Oresund

ozgirl Apr 27th, 2015 10:33 PM

Thank you toscanafoto! Currently in Copenhagen and planning a visit to Malmö for lunch - your photos/tips are very welcome ��

RM67 Apr 28th, 2015 03:25 AM

Great photos that bought back a lot of happy memories - spent a summer in Sweden and Norway in the late 90s. I think I even managed to spot our Gothenburg hotel (Eggers) in your pics. :-)

RM67 Apr 28th, 2015 03:30 AM

Actually, you have some stunning albums all round. Very inspiring.

PalenQ Apr 28th, 2015 03:55 AM

Have you ever checked out Lund - to me a fantastic town just beyond Malmo?

and yes great photos. Ciao!

Finecheapboxofwine Apr 28th, 2015 04:06 AM

Nice pics! I live on the West coast of Sweden and haven't had the opportunity to visit half the places in your album. I better get busy as there is so much more to see here than my own back yard. ;)