I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 more info: https://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/fortraxitone/
- 2 Moscow Hotels
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 Getting around Lisbon
- 5 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 6 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 9 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 10 Rome Hotel
- 11 Trains - website?
- 12 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 13 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 14 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 15 Easter Week in Italy
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 19 Spain in 2018
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 22 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 23 Christmas week in Ireland
- 24 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 25 Which Aran Island??