Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?

Old Apr 16th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping someone can offer a recommendation...we are looking for an overnight at a farm B&B in Normandy in August. Could even be two nights...

I'm plowing through an enormous list of bed-and-breakfast offers on farms in Normandy and many of them sound just wonderful...but it would be nice to have a recommendation from someone who's been.

It could be either a suggestion of a place, or perhaps just as important, good advice on how to choose, what to look for, what to avoid.

Thanks!

The best part of every trip is realizing that it has upset your expectations
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 10:12 AM

B&Bs like La Ferme du Pressoir and La Beauconniere are quite nice, and accept shorter stays, even in August. We looked at several a couple of years ago, but settled on renting a house in the Basse Normandie country side, Le Vie de Cocagne, with its two watch mules and a horse, for the week.
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks...those look quite nice, but in the hours since I wrote, we've modified the thought a bit; we're looking for something further south with the thought of including Mont St-Michel in the mix. Any you looked at in that direction?
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 12:42 PM

You can take a look at Les Touches in St George de Reintembault (Brittany), or for a little more luxury, you can try Le Pas Cru (non-farm B&B), located near Trans-la-Forêt, which would put you about 40 minutes closer to Mont Saint-Michel, and 20 minutes closer to St Malo.

Another property we looked at in the area is La Ferme de la Baie in Roz-sur-Couesnon. They normally require a one-week minimum, Saturday to Saturday, but offer a 2-night package on certain dates. It's more expensive than the other two.